Monday, October 19, 2009

National Novel Writer's Month....

Well, time to make another commitment I may or may not keep. lol. Seriously, I keep setting goals that always take a back seat to more important things, like making dinner, taking care of kids and facebook. A goal I've had for a long time is to write more. Not blogs or emails or status updates, but actual writing.


I have some great ideas and one astounding opening sentence. But none of these stories have gone anywhere besides my thumb drive. This time, however, I have an idea I think I could live with for a while. At least a month. November is National Novel Writing month. NaNoWriMo hosts a contest/challenge to write 50,000 words in a month. November, in case there was any ambiguity.

My house may get dirty, my kids will try to distract me and Dan may find himself washing a few more dishes. But, come November I'm gonna be a writing freak. Wish me luck!!

Lysa

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck, quiet time, and bliss...

    I gave you an award on my blog. I'm so thrilled to have seen you do new posts lately! http://rookno17.blogspot.com/2009/10/think-pink.html

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! I'm teary eyed and can't eek out much more than a thanks... <3

    ReplyDelete